Effective January 9, 2023
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The information we collect from you varies, depending on the way you use our Sites and/or Services. We collect information from or about you in the ways described below.
Personal Data We Collect
- Identification information, such as name and address
- Contact information, such as email address, fax number, and phone number
- Location data
- Commercial information and preferences, such as size and location of desired home, or the serial number for your home
- Financing and payment information, such as Social Security Number, tax ID information, driver’s license information, income information, information about co-signers, payment terms, and flooring source
Additionally, certain information is collected automatically when you visit our Sites by means of various software tools. We have a legitimate interest in using such information to assist in log-in, systems administration purposes, information security and abuse prevention, to track user trends, and to analyze the effectiveness of our Sites and Services.
Log Files. “Log files” refers to the information that is automatically sent by your web browser or device (or otherwise automatically collected) each time you view or interact with our online Service. The information inside the log files may include IP addresses, type of browser, internet service provider, date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, clicked pages and any other information your browser may send to us.
- Remembering your preferences and allowing you to enter your user name less frequently;
- Presenting information that’s targeted to your interests, which may include our content presented on another website;
- Measuring the effectiveness of our Sites, Services, content, and advertising;
The Options/Settings section of most internet browsers will tell you how to manage cookies and other technologies that may be transferred to your device, including how to disable such technologies. You can disable our cookies or all cookies through your browser settings. You can also learn more about managing cookies through the “Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information” link in the footer of this Site. Please note that disabling cookies may impact some of our Site features and prevent the Sites from operating properly.
Web Beacons and Similar Tracking Technologies
When you visit our Sites, we may collect your IP address for certain purposes such as monitoring the regions from which you navigate our Sites. We may also use web beacons alone or in conjunction with cookies to compile information about your usage of our Sites and interaction with emails from us. Web beacons are clear electronic images that can recognize certain types of information on your computer, such as cookies, when you viewed a particular site tied to the web beacon. We may use web beacons to operate and improve our Sites.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use the information you submit or we collect about you for a variety of purposes relating to our business. More specifically, we may use your information to:
- Provide, support, analyze, administer, develop, improve, and personalize the Sites and/or Services;
- Provide you with the Service and any product or order fulfillment, or facilitate our partners to provide you with the Service or any product or order fulfilment;
- Process warranty claims;
- Facilitate financing and/or insurance;
- Act in accordance with your direction. For example, if you direct us to share your information with our retailers or other third parties, we will do so in order to facilitate that interaction;
- Fulfill or meet the purpose for which you provided the information. For example:
o If you provide your name and Social Security Number to receive a reimbursement for out-of-pocket warranty work, we will use that information to provide you the reimbursement;
o If you request a quote via our online quote request form, we will use the information you submit to process the quote;
- Communicate with you about our Sites and/or Services, including to respond to your customer service requests, to investigate and address your concerns, to respond to any other inquiry or correspondence you send to us, and to monitor and improve our responses;
- Contact you and inform you about Sites, Services, promotions, programs, offerings, special offers, and/or events that may interest you;
- Send you information, including warranty information;
- Send you updates and promotional/marketing materials, including via our blog subscription, newsletters, and online advertising;
- Personalize your Site experience and to deliver content and Services offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Sites, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law);
- Store and share user-generated content on social media platforms;
- Enter into or perform a contract or business relationship with you;
- Protect our rights or our property and to ensure the technical functionality, safety, security, and integrity of the Sites, App, or Services databases, and other assets and business;
- Conduct research, analysis, and business development, including to develop and improve our Sites and/or Services;
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations (including recordkeeping and tax obligations), assist and respond to law enforcement requests, and respond to regulatory or other legal inquiries, including court orders;
- Evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Champion assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Champion about our consumers is among the assets transferred; or
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it or consent.
HOW WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL DATA
We may disclose information you submit or we collect about you in the following situations:
With Our Third-Party Service Providers. We share or transfer Personal Data and other information about you to our service providers to perform tasks on our behalf and to assist us in providing our Sites and/or Services. For example, we may share your Personal Data with service providers who assist us in performing core functions (such as hosting, data storage, and security) related to our operation of the Sites and/or Services and/or by making certain interactive tools available to you as a user. We also use third parties for technical and customer support, application development, tracking and reporting functions, quality assurance, and other services. We may share Personal Data from or about you with these third parties so that we can deliver the highest quality user experience.
With Affiliates and Subsidiaries. We may disclose Personal Data to our Champion affiliates and subsidiaries.
With Advertising Partners. We engage advertising services to assist us in advertising our brand, and our Sites and/or Services. Those services may target advertisements on third-party websites based on cookies or other information indicating previous interaction with our Sites and/or Services.
With Business Partners, Including Retailers and Other Third Parties. When you direct us to, we may share your information with our retailers (including Champion-owned retailers, as well as independent retailers) or other third parties in order to facilitate your requested interaction. For example, we will disclose information to lenders if financing is needed; we will disclose information about your requests to retailers who can service those requests; and we will disclose information with the factory to process an order and warranty. From time to time, we may partner with other companies to jointly offer Services. If you purchase or specifically express interest in a jointly offered Service from us, we may share Personal Data collected in connection with your purchase or expression of interest with our joint promotion partner(s). We do not control our business partners’ use of Personal Data we collect, and their use of the information will be in accordance with their own privacy policies.
With Analytics Providers. We may use certain third-party analytics services to improve the functionality, features, or delivery of our Sites and/or Services. We may also use these analytics services to record mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity, as well as any text that you type into our Sites. For example, we use Google Analytics on our Sites to track user trends and usage. For more information on Google Analytics’ processing of Personal Data as it relates to our Service, please see http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. By using a browser plugin provided by Google, you can opt out of Google Analytics. You may also learn more about managing cookies that enable analytics through the “Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information” link in the footer of this Site.
AGGREGATED OR DE-IDENTIFIED INFORMATION
To better serve our users, business partners, and to improve our Sites and/or Services, we may conduct research on user demographics, interests and behavior or engage in other activities based on Personal Data and/or information that we aggregate or de-identify. Aggregated or de-identified information is not considered Personal Data and does not identify a user personally. We may share this aggregated or de-identified information with our affiliates, agents, business partners, and/or other third parties.
We take the protection of your information seriously and take reasonable and appropriate physical, administrative, and technical measures to protect the information collected through our Sites and/or Services. While we implement commercially reasonable security measures to protect your privacy, please keep in mind that the Internet is not a 100% secure medium for communication, and we cannot guarantee that the information collected about you will always remain private when using our Sites and/or Services. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
We do not currently respond or take any action with respect to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of Personal Data about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
SOCIAL MEDIA AND PLUG-INS
Our online services may use social media plug-ins (e.g., the Facebook “Like” button, the “Share to Twitter” button) to enable you to easily interact with certain social media websites (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and share information with others. When you visit our online services, the operators of the available social media plugins can place a cookie on your device enabling such operators to recognize individuals who have previously visited our online services. If you are logged into these social media websites while visiting our online services, the social media plugins allow the relevant social media websites to receive information that you have visited our online services or other information. The social media plugins also allow the applicable social media websites to share information about your activities on our online services with other users of the social media website. For example, Facebook Social Plugins allow Facebook to show your “Likes” and comments on our online services to your Facebook friends. Facebook Social Plugins also allow you to see your friends’ Facebook activity on our online services. We do not control any of the content from the social media plugins. We may also interact with you on social media platforms. If you contact us on one of our social media platforms, request services, or otherwise communicate directly with us on social media, we may contact you to interact with you. For more information about social media advertising and social media plugins from other social media websites, please refer to those websites’ privacy and data sharing statements.
Our Sites and Services are intended for adult use only. We do not direct any part of our Sites to children less than 18 years old and children are not eligible to use our Services. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children. By using our Sites and/or Services, you represent and warrant to Champion that you are at least 18 years of age.
Champion Home Builders, Inc.
755 West Big Beaver Road Suite 1000
Troy, MI 48084
- California Residents: Notice at Collection and Personal Information Rights
- Nevada Residents: Additional Information
- Virginia Residents: Additional Information
We collect information on our web sites in a variety of ways, depending upon how you use our sites. We collect information that you voluntarily submit to us, and we also gather information anonymously to help us better understand how our sites are being used and how we can better serve our customers (including information provided through the use of "cookies"). In addition, "third party" web sites that you can link to from our web site may also collect and use your information. We use this information in a variety of different ways, including:
b) Requesting Information from Retailers, Communities, or Builders, (“Retailers”): When you request information from one of our retailers using one of our website forms, we send your information (name, address, phone numbers, e-mail address, messages, etc.) to the retailer(s) you selected. In addition, we may send your inquiry to selected retailers to best service your new home needs and questions.
c) Requesting information from our generic “Contact Us” forms: When you request information on one of our generic forms under the “Contact Us” section of our website, we review your inquiry and route it to the appropriate company representative or to one of our retailers for follow up.
e) Search Criteria; Polling. You may wish to enter search criteria when looking for homes, retailers, developers or during other searches on our web site. We may store the search criteria you enter in cookies on your computer, or we may anonymously aggregate and compile this information on our own system for our own use. You may also respond to polls that we conduct on our web pages, and we may store those responses anonymously for our use or "tag" your computer so that you can only vote once on a particular question.
f) Automatically Collected Data. Some information about you may be automatically gathered and stored on our system whenever you visit our web sites, including your Internet Protocol address, the kind of internet browser you use, and how you use our site. We may also use this information to measure and report the number of "visits" on our web pages and report this information publicly or privately (without identifying any specific users). We also track traffic patterns throughout our websites.
SAFEGUARDING YOUR INFORMATION
Champion does not seek to collect personal information from children through our web site, and we will delete any such information if we become aware of it. Please be aware that under certain limited circumstances we may be legally compelled to disclose your information to other parties by court order or otherwise.
HOW YOU CAN CONTROL THE USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
When using the Internet, always use common sense when you disclose your personal information. If you are concerned about how we collect or use certain information, you may elect not to participate in certain services or features offered by our web sites.
a) Disabling Cookies. If you are concerned about cookies that are sent between our computers and yours, you can disable this feature on your Internet browser by either (i) rejecting them automatically, or (ii) having your computer prompt you before they are accepted. This is usually found under "Internet Options" or "Preferences" on your browser. Please note though that disabling cookies may limit the features and services that are available on our web sites.
b) Opting Out. You can opt out of our information gathering by contacting us at email@example.com, and we will remove you from any current non-anonymous files containing your personal information. If you previously requested your information to be provided to one of our retailers, please let us know in your e-mail, and we will do our best to retrieve this information.
ALWAYS FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US
Champion Home Builders, Inc.
755 West Big Beaver Road Suite 1000
Troy, MI 48084